Monday, June 30, 2014

Books Read in June

This month will feature an almost embarrassingly short list.  Ready for it?


  • Spellbound, Larry Correia - the sequel to 'Hard Magic' which I read in May.  This book continues with super powered people in the 30's.  A very good read.  Fun book.
And that's it.  That's all I finished.  I read parts of about ten other books but didn't finish anything else.  Some of that is the time of year.  The kids are home from their various schools.  My wife is a teacher so she is home too.  I don't get nearly as much time for reading in the summer.  
Add in about half a dozen plays that I've read.  And some camping.  And day trips hither and yon.  It all adds up.
Another part is that I've had a hard time finding something that I can really sink my teeth into.  There are several books in my 'should read' pile but I find my concentration wandering.  My usual cure for this is to find something more 'beach read' and that's pretty much my plan here.  Once I get in enough mental play-time, I'll be back to the more rigorous reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment