Monday, May 19, 2014

100 Plays Update

I'm still mentally trying to figure out the best process for this.  I'm going to try very hard to get to a place where I can reliably do one play per month.  That means that I need to have 84 plays left at the end of this year.  The first one is done (Peter Pan is here), so there are 15 left to get to in the next seven or so months.  That's not difficult but it may be tough for other people to follow along.  Or, to put it more simply, I'm not sure what the schedule is going to look like.  I may push to do one a week for some time, or if the other reading is intense, there might be some time between reviews.  That's not good for others.
The best way to fix that is to simply put up the first 16 plays and let people pick their way through.  If we match up, then good.  If not, so be it.  I'm going to try to stay in order, but I don't care if others choose to jump around.  Ready?

100. Peter Pan - JM Barrie
99. The King's the Best Magistrate - Lope de Vega
98. The Heidi Chronicles - Wendy Wasserstein
97. The Hostage - Brendan Behan
96. Accidental Death of an Anarchist - Dario Fo
95. The Balcony - Jean Genet
94. The Brothers - Terence
93. Awake and Sing! - Clifford Odets
92. The Rover - Aphra Behn
91. Le Cid - Pierre Corneille
90. The Weavers - Gerhard Hauptmann
89. The Visit - Friedrich Durrenmatt
88. The Dybbuk - S. Ansky
87. Fences - August Wilson
86. The Little Foxes - Lillian Hellman
85. The Other Shore - Gao Xingjian

The rest you will have to wait for.  (Or you could read the book!)  And when 2015 arrives, this will all be settled down and normalized.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment