Saturday, October 20, 2012

November Reading

I'm throwing an extra item into the readings for November, simply because it makes sense to me.  Follow along if you'd like, ignore if you'd rather.  The overall selection is a set of the founding documents for the United States.  I'm adding in the 'Articles of Confederation', the lesser known precursor to the US Constitution.  I'm hoping that this will provide a bigger picture on the evolution of the process.

  • Articles of Confederation (link)
  • Declaration of Independence (link)
  • Constitution of the United States (link)
  • Federalist Papers #s 1-10, 15, 31, 47, 51, 68-71 (link)

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I am going to try and jump back in here. I have been reading some fantastic stuff lately with homeschooling a high schooler (et. al.), but I have failed to even come close to keeping up. But I have been wanting to do a full read of the Declaration and the Constitution as well as dig into the Federalist Papers, so this seems like a great month to start over. And, it looks like I missed Chaucer, and I'm okay with that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, welcome back! Always a good time to restudy the founding docs! And you really didn't miss Chaucer, just the first part...

      Delete