Friday, September 2, 2016

Moving Forward

(This is kind of a 'state of the blog' type post.)


I've finally started my college classes.  Yes, this is twenty some years later than it should have been, but it's happening.  My goal is to get a degree before any of my children do so it has to start happening.  Given that I've had time to read some a couple of dozen pieces from the Great Books and all of Shakespeare's plays, I should have time to study for class right now.
The thing is, I don't know exactly what the demands on my time will be like.  Right now I'm focusing on the school work and setting aside other projects.  Whether that will be true a month from now, I really don't know. 
These past two weeks have been the first time all year that I wasn't actively reading something from the Great Books.  I've missed them.  So I'm sure I'll be back to some extent but I don't know how much or when.  In other words, posting is probably going to get light around here.  Not non-existent.  I'm not closing down.  But lighter and less frequent.
I still have a few pieces that I've read but not written about and I'll try and get those blogged out in the next week or so.  Or I may write about things from class.  (I'm taking an Intro to Philosophy class and I'm sure I'll want to write about that.)
So...not goodbye, but, less often.

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss your posts, Peder, but it must be exciting to be back at college. All the best to you in your new endeavour!

    ReplyDelete