Thursday, June 30, 2016

Upcoming

Now that 'Don Quixote' and 'Leviathan' are all done, it's time to pick the next pieces to read.  They will be:
  • Tom Jones - Fielding
  • Letter Concerning Toleration - Locke
July has a big blob of vacation in it, so I don't know how the reading schedule will go.  No matter, I'm well ahead of any schedule I would have set for the year.  Through the end of June, I have finished 21 of the remaining 59 on the Great Books list.  The original plan sets a goal of 18 per year, so I'm pretty pleased with this progress.  In addition, I've read through almost all of Shakespeare's plays and still had time for the personal reading that I enjoy.


I'm very behind in actually writing up what I've read though.  I owe pieces on Rabelais, Hobbes and the second book of 'Don Quixote'.  I've written up 31 of Shakespeare's plays, so seven more to go.  (Only two more to actually read.)  And I have about half a dozen posts in mind about themes within Shakespeare.  (I know, I know, this blog has become very Shakespeare heavy.  If that bothers you, well, give it some time and I'll be done with it.  My Shakespearean revels soon are ended.)  I'm not sure when I'll get caught up on the writing but once I'm done reading two plays a week, time issues should straighten themselves out. 
Until then, thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment